A Sampling of Media Coverage on I-LABS Exposure Phonetics Study
National and International Print Media
- Start early to help baby be fully
bilingual, by Jan Faull. The Seattle Times, October 23, 2004.
- Early learning,
by Jennifer Wing. KPLU.org, Seattle, September 15,
- Learning from babies, by Orrin
Schonfeld. ScienCentral.com [video syndicated
nationally to local television stations], September 11, 2003.
learning, by Orrin Schonfeld. ScienCentral.com [video syndicated nationally to local television news stations],
August 7, 2003.
- Teaching language to children, interview
and call-in show moderated by Steve Scher. KUOW.com,
Seattle, July 23, 2003.
paves way for multilingual kids, by Robert Preidt, Healthday.com [Reprinted in 27 other online media outlets], July 17, 2003.
discovery about how babies learn language, by Micki Flowers. KIRO-TV
News, Seattle, Washington, July 14, 2003.
- Making sense out of baby talk, by Michelle Trudeau. Morning Edition, National Public Radio, June 3, 2003.
- Sprachbegabte babys [Language-talented
babies]. Der Spiegel, derspiegel.de, Germany, February
- Researchers learning about language
learning, by Joel Schwarz. University Week, University
of Washington, February 20, 2003.
- Language learning dependent on human
delivery, by Rael Martell. HealthNews.co.uk, London, February