A Sampling of Media Coverage on I-LABS Gender Types Study
National and International Print Media
- Girls fancy flutes, but boys dig those
drums, by Tom Noble. The Age, Melbourne, Australia, April
- Drum dominance, by Lee Dye. ABCNEWS.com,
New York, April 25, 2002.
- Music may be universal, but choices aren't,
by Joel Schwarz. University Week, University of Washington,
Seattle, April 25, 2002.
- He plays, she plays, by Alison Ashton. Copley News wire service, April 23, 2002.
- Flutes are for girls, trumpets are for
boys? by Stephanie Watson. Babycenter.com, April 22, 2002.
- Musical girls hit a male note, by Roger
Dobson. The Sunday Times, London, England, April 21, 2002.
- How gender bias can limit children's
music study, by Sarah Womack. The Telegraph, London, England,
April 20, 2002.
- Gender helps determine musical instrument
choice, by Melissa Schorr. ReutersHealth wire service,
April 15, 2002.
- Young kids show gender musical bias. NBC4.com, April 11, 2002.